Employer of the Year
Who can enter?
Any beauty salon, nail salon, spa or aesthetic clinic business in the UK that opened before the end of 2017 and employs full- and/or part-time therapists and/or nail technicians and/or aestheticians. Product brands and suppliers are not eligible to enter this award.
What you will be asked on the entry form:
1. Number of staff employed full-time
2. Number of staff employed part-time (put 0 if none)
3. Your staff turnover for the last 3 years (ie number of employees who left the business each year and number of new employees who joined)
4. Number of staff that have been promoted in the past year
About the business
1. When did the salon, spa or clinic open?
2. Please explain what makes your business and management philosophy special (200 words max)
3. Please outline your key achievements of the last 12 months and give evidence/examples of how these have improved your staff’s careers (400 words max)
4. Please outline your training schedule for the past year including dates of CPD, and explain how staff have been encouraged to develop their skills and to contribute ideas to the business (400 words max)
5. Please outline your induction and disciplinary/grievance procedures (300 words max)
Please upload the following:
PHOTOGRAPHS (maximum of 4)
Pictures of your Salon(S) / Spa(S) / Clinic(S) - You must upload 2-3 pictures of your business; for example, the interior or exterior of your salon.
Picture of your team - It is ESSENTIAL that you upload a picture of your team (max 1), ideally in uniform if you wear one. This picture will be used if you are shortlisted as a finalist so make sure it's a good one!
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (maximum of 5)
This is where you can upload treatment menu, employment policies,
training policies, staff handbook and any other documentation
you feel would assist the judges in understanding your business and demonstrates why you may be awarded 'Employer of the Year'
As part of the judging process, Professional Beauty surveys the employees of each company that reaches the shortlist. You MUST upload this information to enter this award.
Please supply – on an Exel spreadsheet contact details for at least 10 of your employees, and must include at least the following information:
- *Full name
- *Job Title
- *Email address
The spreadsheet should ideally include employees at all levels of the business (eg therapists, receptionists, etc, as well as managers).
MARKETING MATERIAL (maximum of 2 documents)
If you have a brochure or any other piece of marketing material this is
where to upload this.
Please be aware that if you reach the finalist stage of the National Awards, you will need to attend an interview in central London on Friday 16 November 2018.
Welcome to the home of beauty, spa and wellness. Professional Beauty produces market leading events, conferences, magazines and awards. Our insurance offers industry leading value. Find us in India, Ireland, South Africa, UAE and the UK. For more information please click HERE